Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Best Bottom Lash Mascara--"Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Mascara"

Hi Shine and Sparkle Report Readers,

Thank you so much for tuning in!  I have a really quick mini-review/product rave for you today. I know mascaras specifically are marketing themselves for your lower lashes these days.  I think the biggest difference in these mascaras is a much smaller mascara brush. I recently purchased the Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Mascara (not waterproof) thinking that this might fit the bill and also be a great all around mascara.



I was really pleasantly surprised!  This mascara has the tiniest (but effective) brush I have ever seen.  It does a great job getting my puny lower lashes and making them really stand out.  It also doesn't smudge at all (which based on my face structure, is a reoccurring problem).  It is also small enough to use to coat my upper lashes on both sides after I use waterproof mascara on my top lashes to hold the curl.  This process gives me extra extra extra lash drama.  This is quite a feat since my lashes are naturally quite small.

Mascara Tip:
Did you know that waterproof mascaras are oil based.  This means they do not weigh down your lashes after they have been curled.  Using a non-waterproof mascara on your lashes will not hold a curl because they are water based.  Just like if you sprayed water on freshly styled hair on your head, it will not hold.  Use a water poof mascara to hold curl, you can apply your favorite non-waterproof mascara over it if you really want extra lash drama.

Overall, I highly recommend this mascara all on its own.   Add in the fact that it retails for around $8 when not on sale (you know Maybelline always has some kind of sale), and you have a completely winning product! If you have puny lashes like me, you will be very very pleased with this product.

Another Mascara Tip:
Love a mascara wand?  After you finish the product, wash it was soap and water.  You can dip it into any of your favorite mascara formulas and keep using your favorite wand.  This works especially great for the Maybelline Last Discovery Mini-Brush because the brush and wand are so small/skinny/long that they can fit into just about any mascara tube.  So once you have an extra mini-brush, I recommend trying the brush with other mascaras and see how you like it!

Let me know if you try this and love it too!


As Always,
Shine & Sparkle

*I am not paid or contacted by any of the companies mentioned in this post.  These are my honest feelings and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment