Thursday, January 22, 2015

Petroleum Jelly For Eyelash Growth

Another Week Another Post Dear Sparklers,

Like all my images, I'll gladly give someone credit for their image or take it down if someone throws a hissy fit.


This week I wanted to give you a quick tip that has really been helping out my puny little lashes.  In a nutshell, using mascara (especially water-proof mascara) can really dry out your lashes.  This can cause them to fall out more easily or not grow as long as they used to.

I have heard various ideas from other beauty bloggers/youtubers which suggest using creams or oils gently on your lash line and lashes.  This always results in me getting crazy horrible eye burning as the product inevitably gets in my eye.  Eek.

There are also really expensive lash treatments that come in mascara tube form.  I find that these don't really seem to make much of a difference and are simply not worth the cash.

What have I found that actually works?!  Petroleum Jelly*.  It's hydrating, thick enough not to get in your eyes, and very very inexpensive.  Just use clean fingers or a cleaned old mascara wand to apply a drop sized amount to your lashes before going to bed.  TaDa!


Hope you liked this quick tip!
Shine & Sparkle!

*I am not paid or contacted by any of the companies mentioned in this post.  But seriously, I said Petroleum Jelly, not that-common-petroleum-jelly-brand-that-shall-not-be-named. These are my honest feelings and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment