Today I decided to post a special Halloween inspired quick tips! These Tricks and Treats are especially great for getting you in the fall mood, amping up your Halloween costume (and every day) looks.
|Squiggles wanted to be the giant from "Jack and the Beanstalk" for Halloween. Sure, why not? Little piggies can have big dreams too! !|
1) Hair Dryer Lashes: If you hate wearing fake lashes (I admit they are not the most comfortable) Use your hair dryer to blast your eyelash curler for around 7-10 seconds (make sure its not too hot to burn your eyes!) and then use it to get the most dramatic curled lashes you have ever had! Maybe you wont even need those fake Halloween lashes! Use colored mascara if you want to make your lashes really crazy colored!
2) Eyeliner + Eye Shadow As Face Paint: This is also a great trick to use if you need to do an elaborate design on your face for Halloween! Cheap water proof eyeliner is much nicer for drawing on designs, stitches, and scars than those cheap face paints from the Halloween store! You can get all sorts of colors for just a dollar each at the drug store. Fill in your designs with eye shadows, If you use a good eye shadow base, they shouldn't go anywhere either. The colors will show up brighter if your base is white (white cream eye shadows works amazing too!)
3) Set Make Up With Hair Spray: While a setting spray if you have it is best, hair spray will do in a pinch! Mist your face from far away and that make-up will stay all night!
1) Pumpkin Face Mask: Pumpkin is EVERYWHERE right now. Pumpkin things are definitely one of my favorite things for fall. You can make a quick DIY pumpkin face mask by combining 1/2 tbs organic pumpkin (canned is fine), 1 tbs honey, and a drizzle of your favorite oil (olive, coconut, jojoba, argan, take your pick!).
2) Mocha Body Scrub: Make a sweet inspired body scrub by combining around 1/2 cup coffee grounds (left over from your morning cuppa-joe is fine!), 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of honey, and about 1/4 cup of your favorite oil. This smells amazing and is great to exfoliate your body with in the shower. Note: Be careful if your coffee is not ground finely as to not clog your bath drain! Use a hair catcher in the drain just in case!
3) Sugar Lip Scrub: Yummy Yummy Yummy! Mix raw sugar (the crystals are larger) with honey and a dash of lemon to make a paste. Use this to exfoliate your lips! It also tastes great! Halloween is about copious amounts of sugar anyway right?
I hope you liked my Halloween Tricks and Treats. Let me know if there is anything special you would like to know about for November Blog Posts!
Shine & Sparkle!