Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My B-Day Vegas Trip 2014!

Hi Shine and Sparkle Report Readers!

Where have I been all last last weekend?!  LAS VEGAS!  I thought I'd do a little post about my B-day trip with my boyfriend to Vegas.  So keep reading if you want to look at a little picture timeline of how I prepped for Vegas, some of my fashion choices, and some beauty/fashion/food/activities I found when I was there.  I hope that this report helps you  decide if a vacation to Vegas would make you Shine and Sparkle (or not).  Quick disclaimer, these are all my own honest thoughts and experiences.  I saved up to afford the trip so nothing is sponsored and thus did what I wanted to do. Hope you enjoy tagging along though this blog post!


To prepare for Vegas I kinda ran around San Francisco like a chicken with my head cut off.  I sat through round 2 of highlighting my full head of hair + a hair cut at Groove Salon with my all time favorite stylist Krystin.  Click if you missed the Part 1 of My Hair Lightening Process post. Hopefully the final result/Part 2 will be evident as you see my hair in the following collages. I also got my acrylic nails filled.  They are painted "Play the Peonies" by O.P.I on 9 fingers, and some pearly white O.P.I color (sorry don't remember which I picked) on my left ring finger with a row of bling.  I have never had diamonds on my nails before, and I figured what better time than when going to Vegas for your B-day right?!  Lastly, I did some last minute shopping at Guess.  Am I jumping on the crop top and high slit skirt trend? Hell yeah!  Mini Tip: If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you already have seen these pics in real time, how cool!

Hair done, nails done, everything did....I felt fancy (Thanks Drake's "Fancy").  So then it was on to Vegas! Checked in to my flight.... I totally checked-in on-line at the absolute minute that Southwest allowed me to (Boarding section B5 and B6 baby!)...then arrived in Vegas. Woooooooo!


"Only you babe," my man said while shaking his head as I got overly excited and started snapping pictures in the best Walgreens in the world.  The Walgreens on the strip, across from Treasure Island where we were staying had an amazing make-up selection.  2 whole shelves, for "Pop Beauty" and giant displaces for "The Balm" cosmetics, and "'Tini Beauty".  If you have ever subscribed to Ipsy or other beauty subscription services  you know of these brands.  I have never seen displays for them, only online shopping. So this was an epic and exciting find.  My man had to drag me away from swatching all the products I have considered but been hesitant about due to not being able to try them in person.

Please forgive all the selfies...They are just so easy!

After my Walgreens beauty-nerd-freakout, my favorite activities were pool partying at Marquee at the Cosmopolitan, Wet Republic at MGM, B-Day Dinner and show at Rose.Rabbit.Lie at Cosmopolitan, and B-day lunch at Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill at Caesar's Place, and the Hakkasan Night Club at MGM.  Above are some of my fashion choices for the events.

Unfortunately, my $30 investment in winning the jack pot failed so I am now back in the Bay Area living my normal life rather than the dream one my $30 could have bought me.

I hope you enjoyed a look into my B-Day trip to Vegas.  If you have any questions about my experiences feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as your unofficial tour guide.

As always,
Shine & Sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment