Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shea Moisture: Superfruit Complex 10-In 1 Renewal System Hair Masque Review (An Asian Hair Perspective)

WAZZAP Shine and Sparkle Report Readers?! (Oh yeah, I totally just used early 2000's internet slang.  I'm so hip...)

Anyway, as you know, I totally love my SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque even though the brand is marketed at coarse, super curly hair.  Even though I have coarse, straight, bleached, and dry Asian hair, I love this product for all the healthy ingredients and smoothing/shining results.  No surprise, I jumped on this equally as long named mask "Superfruit Complex 10-In 1 Renewal System Hair Masque"*.

You might have seen this picture on my twitter! You should follow me! We can be digital buddies, whoo!  Also, you can get sneak peeks into what reviews/reports are coming next.  You can even tweet me ideas for what to do next.  Social media is so cool right?  What was that? Do I have a facebook page; or an instagram; or a bloglovin; or a google+?  Of course.  #shamelessplug #IPromiseToNotOverDoHashtagsLikeThisOneUnlessIFindThemAmusingThenYouAreStuckWithIt


Like it's predecessor, I found this product to be a cheaper and healthier alternative to very expensive deep conditioners.  Found easily at Ulta or on Shea Moisture's Website, this 12oz tub retails for $12.99USD, but often can be found in a buy one, get one 1/2 off deal.

SheaMoisture Claims:
This intensive antioxidant-rich treatment helps to perfect and renew vibrancy to brittle, lackluster hair. When used weekly in our 10-IN-1 RENEWAL SYSTEM, it treats damaged hair while providing anti-aging benefits, color protection, hydration, nourishment, rejuvenation, strength, anti-stress, deep conditioning, softness and shine. Counteract signs of aging by nourishing the scalp with our SuperFruit Complex and infusing hair with ultra-moisturizing Marula Oil and Biotin. Ten Benefits Specific to our HAIR MASQUE : Age-Defy Nourish Anti-Stress Revive Body Color Protect Shine Deep Condition Strengthen Hydrate Soften.

This Conditioner Has:
No sulfates. No parabens. No phthalates. No paraffin. No gluten. No propylene glycol. No mineral oil. No synthetic fragrance. No PABA. No synthetic color. No DEA. No animal testing.  This is quite amazing and all SheaMoisture products seem committed to eliminating bad stuff ingredients/practices.

This Conditioner Features:

  • Superfruit Blend of Red Raspberry, Ketones, Goji, Acai and Guava Extracts rich in anti-aging antioxidants. 
  • Marula Oil - Contains natural plant peptides that help support hair's elasticity. 
  • Biotin - Nourishes individual strands for thicker, stronger hair. 
  • Shea Butter - Deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp.

How SheaMoisture Says To Use It:
Section clean, wet hair. Apply generously. Use a wide tooth comb to distribute evenly from root to ends. Leave in for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. For deep penetrating treatment, cover hair with plastic cap and apply moderate heat for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. When using hair steamer do not cover, moist heat will add to masque's hydration.

How Ms. Sparkles Uses It:
I use this deep treatment 1-2 times a week.  Sectioning hair takes too much time and is unnecessary for my straight hair.  I gently squeeze (don't be rough with it or it will cause more damage and breakage see my healthy hair care post) out water that might dilute the conditioner then apply generous amounts of product to clean wet hair in the shower from your ears down if you are worried about greasy hair.  Since I have been slowing lightening my hair as seen in my hair lightening post #1 and hair lightening post #2 (part 3 coming soon!) I haven't had to worry about that.  I apply it to my whole head and massage it into my scalp.  Then I either leave it in my hair for as long as possible when I wash my body and shave, or I put it in a shower cap and leave it in my hair for as long as I want (at least 30 minutes), do some house chores, then go rinse it out.  My hair feels instantly protein and moisture balanced.  I love this when I'm not sure if my hair needs more protein or more moisture.  It simply solves everything.

  • Deep Frying Hair Warning:  Do not use heat after using products with a lot of pure oils and no silicone!  In my silicone 101 post, I talk more in detail about how silicones help protect your hair from heat.  Without using silicones, you just have a lot of oil in your hair.  You apply a straightener/curing wand/hot blowdryer and you are essentially cooking/frying your hair in oil...eek!  You are being super nice to your hair with a deep treatment mask, lay off the hotools. If you must, make sure to apply a silicone based heat protectant before using heat.   

Overall Thoughts: I found this on to be even more effective than the SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Mask for my hair.   It is a little less heavy on the hair (I'd say suitable for anyone unless you have very thin/fine hair) and produces great smoothing and shining results without it getting greasy quickly.  It is a little more expensive than normal drug store deep conditioners, but it is well worth the price.  It works better than some $30-$50 luxury conditioners and comes with a very generous 12oz of product.   I also ADORE the smell.  All SheaMoisture products I have tried have had an earthy smell that isn't unpleasant but not wonderful.  This smells like fruit and is simply luxurious.  Since this is such a natural product, I don't suggest on stocking up too much because it will probably go bad slightly faster than products with more preservatives.  I'm definitely going to need at least 1 back up though.

Let me know if you are interested in any other SheaMoisture (or any other) hair products for me to review! I love this brand and would love an excuse to try more items!

As usual,

Shine & Sparkle!


*I am not paid or contacted by any of the companies mentioned in this post.  These are my honest feelings and opinions.



No comments:

Post a Comment