Wednesday, December 24, 2014

High Heel Wearing Comfort Hacks

Happy Holiday Season My Wonderful Sparklers!

How is your holiday season so far?  Mine has been very busy!  This post is inspired by the fact that over this last weekend,  I had to use all of these products (my poor little feet).

During the holidays there are many parties and occasions to wear your favorite shoes.  Yet as much as you might love your sky-high heels, sometimes they just don't love you back.  This is why I have a few tricks up my sleeve for making the fancy-shoe-wearing-season as pain free as possible.  Overall, you will find that I talk a lot about the quality of adhesive, since it really matters when it comes to these types of sticky shoe inserts.  I'll try and save you time and money wasted on the cheaper (or too expensive) versions.

"Save My Feet Blister Elixir" by Peaches and Boo Boo*- $20USD/4 oz

I did an extensive review of this product here.  I do want to somewhat revise my review about this product.  Most importantly to note that it really works well but with shoes that are already broken it.  There are some cases where this will help, but not completely prevent blistering (think brand-new ballet flats--which seem to be worse than heels sometimes for blistering).








Aldo's "Enrorich" Padding- Aprox. $8.99USD/1 pair.

These are by far my favorite gel pads for inside high-heeled shoes.  The extra padding right on the ball of your foot and at the heel really help extend how long I can wear my shoes.  They are also especially thin and fit in just about any heel without adding too much bulk (which is a huge problem with other competing products).  They also are low profile and can be worn without being seen on the strappiest of shoes.  These also really stay put in the shoe despite lots of friction.  They are also not too sticky.  This means that you can easily remove them to re-position them.  I don't know how many times these have saved a pair of shoes from being impossible to walk in to tolerable.  I even have them in heeled boots that went from "only walk from the car to the bar and back" shoes to "walk around the mall for an hour or longer shoes".  

Dr. Scholl's "DreamWalk Sole Expressions-Heel Liners"- Aprox $6.99USD/3 pairs.

This is by far my favorite heel insert brand and type.  Many of the thick gel ones are too tick and do not adhere properly to certain types of materials.  These are the perfect thickness and also seem to flawlessly stick to any shoe material I have tried.  Mini-Tip: Let the liner sit on your shoe for at least 15 minutes before using it.  This will really allow it to form a bond before you start adding friction to the equation.  







Band-Aid "Advanced Healing Blister" Bandages- Aprox $7.99/6 cushions


A little pricey for 6 bandages? Yes.  But when the back of your heel is oozing, bleeding, red, and raw from crazy blisters (yeah, ewwww right?!)  you will find these 100% worth it.  Why are these any better than a good ol' extra large bargain brand adhesive bandage you ask?  Well to start off with, it is really really good at sticking.  Aside from that, it is a weird stretchy material that you pull to exactly fit your blister.  The unique stretch also means that it will stay in place, even with your most ouchy shoes and high friction situations.  It moves and molds to your foot, meaning it doesn't simply get rubbed off.  Lastly (and most importantly), it really soothes and stops the pain of the blister.  Seriously guys, give the bandage about 30 minutes and you will forget that your heels looked like war zone victim and you were about to hack off your own foot to end the suffering just a few minutes ago.  As far as faster healing times, I assume this is mostly because you are not re-injuring your foot.  I was very skeptical of the claim that this bandage was better for blisters at most.  But Band-Aid has proven me wrong.  I have 2 of these in my purse at all times for blister emergencies.


Thank you so much Sparklers for hanging out with me this holiday season.  May your season be bright, full of love & cheer, and may your feet be as comfy as possible! 


And As Always,
Shine & Sparkle!


*I am not paid or contacted by any of the companies mentioned in this post.  These are my honest feelings and opinions. Also, like all my images, I'll gladly give someone credit for their image or take it down if someone throws a hissy fit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment