This post about a very rich and romantic breakfast you can make for you loved one for Valentines day (I did promise that all of February is going to be Valentines inspired posts remember?)
Even better, Influenster has honored me with the opportunity to try another product for free! How cool for lil' ol' me! If you follow me on instagram or twitter, you probably have seen the pictures for this post already. That's why you should follow me! Get the inside scoop and be a Super Sparkler! I picked up my complementary product on a rainy day from Whole Foods aka "Whole Paycheck". This obviously meant that I left the store with not only my Earth Balance Buttery Spread: Omega-3*, but with $75 of other groceries too...sigh. I ran home immediately to get
The Earth Balance Company Says: Earth Balance® Omega-3 Buttery Spread is a blend of expeller-pressed natural oils with added EPA/DHA & ALA for a complete omega offering. Totally vegan, gluten-free and free from genetically modified ingredients of any kind, Earth Balance® Omega-3 Buttery Spread is the perfect way to incorporate a daily dose of essential omegas to your diet. Spread on toast, top your favorite muffin, and enjoy any other way you spread!
-0g Trans Fat
Ms. Sparkles Says: ZOMG! I love this stuff! 100% Sparkles Endorsed Product! Don't get me wrong, I still love my Brummel & Brown Spread made with Yogurt, but this has a richer/butterier flavor. Brummel & Brown has less calories per tablespoon (45 calories) vs Earth Balance (100 calories for the Omega-3 version). But if I want a richer more decadent taste without being actual butter or hydrogenated bad stuff (boo margarine sucks), this is going to be on my list for sure. This retails for about $5 at Whole foods for 13oz. Not too shabby!
Cooking with this product is just like using butter. It got it pretty hot to char my asparagus (in the recipe below). While there was a little smoking at the highest temperature, it wasn't too bad. You a good too cook on high heat (if you are attentive) for things like pancakes on a griddle with it no problem.
Healthy But Decadent Egg with Goat Cheese and Vegetables Recipe:
Calories In Dish: 170 calories.
This is a quick and easy breakfast/snack that is surprisingly healthy and protein packed. The Omega-3's in Earth Balance Spread are great for encouraging a healthy and beautiful body. I'm not a doctor, and I did find this "on the internet" which we know by now to take with a grain of salt, but I found that "Omega-6 fats predominate the diet in the US, and this encourages the production of inflammation in your body. Many scientists believe that one reason there is a high incidence of heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, premature aging, and some cancer forms today is this profound omega-3-omega-6 imbalance." Source. If nothing else, the buttery spread and the goat cheese give the egg a very rich and luxurious taste--which is what really matters. Seriously, this egg was soooo good.
1 tbs Earth Balance Buttery Spread: Omega-3
1 oz Goat Cheese (I love the rich creamy flavor and that it is high in protein. If you do not like goat cheese, you can substitute feta or you favorite low-fat cheese)
1 Egg (add 70 calories if you'd like 2 eggs)
2 Asparagus Spears (bottom woody bits removed)
1/4 cup of water
7 Grape Tomatoes
1) Beat egg(s) in small bowl.
2) Heat Earth Balance Buttery Spread: Omega-3 in a small non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
3) Scramble eggs in pan until barely set, then add goat cheese until goat cheese is warmed/slightly melty and the eggs are set. Remove from pan.
4) Add asparagus to the pan and then add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and steam asparagus for about 1-2 minutes until asparagus is bright green.
5) Add chopped tomatoes on the side. You can heat these too if you'd like, I just like the cold raw tomatoes with a bit of egg and goat cheese personally.
6) Eat it quick! The egg is best when piping hot!
That just about wraps up this special post for you, I hope you enjoy it!
Shine & Sparkle!
* Hopefully it is obvious by the whole introduction to this post, but this is actually a sponsored post (so excited)! I received these products to review complementary from the company that produced them. However, I have not received any additional monetary compensation other than the opportunity to try them and give you my honest thoughts.