I found a great use for old containers (like cleaned out Bath and Bodyworks Candle Jars). It is very simple and cuts down on the cost of feeding Squiggles his fresh veggies (or your kids. Or yourself).
All you will need is the following:
- Lower stub (normally discarded) of romaine lettuce, Celery, or Green Onion
- Water tight vessel that allows light to pass through it
- Place to put it where it gets some light (like a window)
- Put lower part of plants in about 1/2 an inch of water
- Change water every day or so
- Watch plant re-grow from the center of the plant stub.
Amazing right?! This DIY is so much fun to do. It also makes a little green plant for minimal money and effort. Kids (or easily amused adults) will love watching it grow.
Shine & Sparkle!