Sorry I have not updated in a while. But I recently got a sponsored offer to review Country Crock Buttery Spread*. I'm usually a natural product kind of gal, but when life throws you free buttery spread, you might as well check it out right? Compared to margarine *health-nut crowd boos loudly* this buttery spread has a smaller ingredient list and boasts being:
- Gluten Free
- 0g Trans Fat
- No Partially Hydrogenated Oils
- No Cholesterol
I couldn't leave you with a review of buttery spread without a recipe so here is one of my favorite quick and microwave friendly desserts!
Vegan Vanilla Mug Muffin:
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Country Crock Buttery Spread
- 4 Tablespoons vanilla almond or soy milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add ins (optional): Chocolate chips, berries, nuts, etc.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into greased mug (at least 16 oz mug to prevent overflow).
- Sprinkle a few optional add-ins on top of the the mix.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (or 90 seconds) depending on the power of your microwave.
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Shine & Sparkle!
*Hopefully it is obvious by the whole introduction to this post, but this is actually a sponsored post (so excited)! I received these products to review complementary from the company that produced them. However, I have not received any additional monetary compensation other than the opportunity to try them and give you my honest thoughts.